The Friday 56 is hosted by Freda’s Voice.The only rules are to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and find any sentence or a few ( no spoilers) that grabs you and post it.
Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence or so of the book you are reading along with you initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.
Please include the title of the book and the author’s name.
If you are looking for a mystery that leads to a asking questions about what a life is worth, check out Southern Gold by James Alan Vitti.
So this, this is what it comes to? he heard himself thinking, wondering, calling out. Or will I get another chance? Just one more chance…
(From prologue, because only a partial paragraph on page 56, in paperback,1st edition, published in 1995)
Gavin Duke thought he was dead.
(From the Prologue)
GOODREADS BLURB: When a promotional scheme for First Southern Bank goes badly awry kidnapped marketing executive Gavin Duke, imprisoned in a cabin deep in the woods, has plenty of time to think about the course of his life and his relationships–when it may be too late for him to do anything about them.
- To see all my Giveaways, go HERE.
- To see all my reviews, go HERE.
- If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
- Look on the right sidebar and let’ talk.
- Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
- Problem commenting, look for the twitter, facebook…buttons.
- Thanks for visiting fundinmental!